Monday 5 August 2013

Connecting Rod of Gasoline Engine

Connecting Rod is the connection between the piston and crankshaft. It joins the wrist pin of the piston with the throw or crankpin of the crankshaft. For a given size engine, lighter the connecting rod and piston the greater the resulting power, and lesser the vibration as a result of the decreased reciprocating weight. The connecting rod is split to permit its being clamped round the crankshaft.

This model was part of my Advanced CAD/CAM lab assignment. Had fun modeling it. There is a funny incident related to it. I was unable to read the distance between the lower split of the connecting rod circular part with the upper circular part. Whole night I tried to understand and finally slept without getting the problem solved. That night I solved this problem in my dream and when I woke up I had the solution. So rather than preparing for college I took 24 minutes to model this drawing.

Had very fun modeling it. 



2 comments:

  1. hi sudhir my name is gurudath and i'm in grabcad and so are you.i really like your tutorials and i get to learn at the same time.for some time now i've been using solidworks the putative reason is the tutorials i found in grabcad by you so i'm still harnessing my skills and i want to. i'm glad that we could meet.recently not so long ago i was able to design and simulate(motion analysis solidworks)differential from your tutorials.bottom line is i was inspired to learn solidworks because of you.all i'm saying is keep doing what your doing now so that people like us who are diligent and motivated could become a good designer like you.
    i have to be honest with you right know about the problem you solved in your dream it was immaculate so i guess you are not the only one being there.i really appreciate at what you are doing right know and i want you to continue with that so godspeed sudhir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GuruDath for your kind words. Sorry, I am not using blogger for around 6 years so couldn't reply earlier. you can say I am slower than snail right now.

      Anyway I wish you great luck and happiness. :) Thanks brother

      Delete