Wednesday 3 April 2019

Steam Stop Valve Drawing



Steam Stop Valve drawing for practice. A steam stop valve is mounted on the steam pipe, close to the engine to regulate the flow of steam through pipes and shut-off completely when not required. It is operated by means of a hand wheel. These valves have a low lift and hence can be closed and opened quickly.

This is one of the complex drawing in P.S.Gill Machine Drawing book Page-585 Fig (24.16). During my college time it looked like a horror movie since many dimensions were missing. Mr. P.S.Gill whose book I am using for 9 years has something special. He always removes or don't add some dimensions intentionally. This makes drawing these difficult. It took me some 3 hour to completely draw this 3D model in SolidWorks. I looked on internet and everyone has designed this assembly wrong. Someone misplaced bush or someone misplaced bush. But finally I completed it in SolidWorks.

This model can be used for Thermal steam flow simulation and is ready for this. If you need the file just let me know.

If you having any problem understanding the drawing or reading any dimension, let me know. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! livetechguide.com/how-to-stop-steam-from-opening-on-startup/

    ReplyDelete